Support HELPDESK. Advanced Computing and e-Science group @ IFCA
IFCA Computing Helpdesk
Welcome to the IFCA Advanced Computing
and e-Science Group
How to get support
Should you require further assistance when using the
available resources of the Advanced Computing and e-Science group,
please follow the guidelines stated below. Try to attach as much
information as possible that may be useful to try to solve the problem,
but also try to be concise.
Check the Datacenter FAQ
to see if there is an answer for your question.
If your problem is related with the GRIDUI cluster or the batch system, check the
Cluster usage guide.
If your problem is related with the Cloud infrastructure, check the
Cloud usage guide.
If your problem is related with the Altamira supercomputer, check the
Altamira usage guide.
Check if there is no downtime scheduled.
Check the open tickets, to see if the problem was already reported.
If so, please do not submit a new one but add you to the CC field of the ticket.
If all the steps above did not bring any success, then proceed to open a ticket.
Provide as much information as possible about your problem:
- Date and time (as accurate as possible) of the problem.
- Where did you have that problem (machine hostname).
- Kind of problem (storage, execution, libraries, grid, etc.).
- The task that you were doing, did it work before? If so, when did it suceeed?.
- Is this the first time this error appears?.
- What software (if any) were you using?
- Any output that can be useful for us (i.e. standard output, standard error, etc.)
How to open a new incidence ticket
Proceed to the
Log in with your SSO account.
If you do not have such an account or you have any troubles accessing the system,
please send an email to grid.support<at>ifca.unican.es.
Open the ticket in the General queue.
If you are really sure that your ticket may
be opened in another queue, then you can open it there. If you are
unsure, please open the ticket in the General queue,
as the support team will route it adequately.